Materials List for Polymer Clay Workshops:
- Introduction to Polymer Clay as an Art Medium
- Creative Molding Techniques for Polymer Clay
Instructor: Karen Woods
All clay for both of these workshops is being provided courtesy of Polyform, Inc.
There is a small materials fee for each workshop, payable to the instructor on the first day, for other instructor-provided items.
Students should plan to bring the following:
Materials & Tools Checklist (to be brought by each student):
- Flat work surface such as a large (18” x 18”) ceramic floor tile without texture,
or a large glass crafting surface, etc.
- Acrylic rod (available in polymer section at craft stores)
- Slicing blade (available in polymer section at craft stores)
- Clay conditioning machine (aka pasta machine) if you own one. Note that
once it is used for polymer, you cannot make pasta with it! Inexpensive,
beginner-level clay machines can be purchased at local craft stores (with
coupons). However, if you are not yet ready to invest in one, machines can
be loaned by the instructor with advance notice, at no charge (for use during
the class). If you wish this option, please write it at the top of your registration
form or contact Patti Buster at firstname.lastname@example.org to
notify the instructor in advance.